Each year, Brimbank Youth Services offers students in Brimbank and their schools the opportunity to train in qualitative research skills.
These sessions are run by an academic researcher from Swinburne University to develop the key skills you need to undertake thorough, ethical and robust research.
Morning tea is provided and sessions are interactive, hands-on and a great opportunity to work with other schools.
Previously, Young Researchers working with BYS have examined:
- The impact of bullying on students in a Brimbank secondary school
- The importance of Youth Voice
- The impact of discrimination on students and teachers in a Brimbank secondary school
- Understanding the term ‘harmony’
- Environmental sustainability
Participation in this group is through your school. Sessions are held once per term from 9:30am-12:30pm in the Visy Cares Hub, Sunshine. 2019 dates are:
- Session 1: Wednesday March 18
- Session 2: Wednesday June 17
- Session 3: Wednesday September 9
- Session 4: Wednesday October 28 The program culminates in a presentation to school leadership teams and Brimbank City Councillors
If you or your school would like to be involved in this program, please get in contact by:
Emailing | email@example.com
Texting | 0438195930
Calling | 03 9249 4124