Would you like to create more platforms for the voices of young people? Would you like to connect young people to events, opportunities and ideas that they wouldn’t otherwise know about? Then the BYC Promotions team is probably for you!
The BYC Promotions team meets fortnightly to promote and market exciting opportunities for young people, promote the voices and identities of young people and develop key media and communications skills.
The work of the BYC Promotions team might include:
- Producing the monthly Westies Y-Link e-newsletter
- Doing take-overs of our Instagram and Facebook pages
- Designing promotional posters and media releases for youth events
- Doing face-to-face promotions with young people in local areas
- Writing blog posts for our website
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside a media and communications professional to develop the key skills you need to create effective promotional campaigns and a great online presence. Participation in this group is on a voluntary basis but paid opportunities are likely to come up throughout the year.
We meet fortnightly on a Tuesday at Brimbank Civic and Community Centre, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine, from 5-7pm. Check out the calendar to find our next meeting.